Expert Talk! Skin Issues & their Solution By Dr Mudasir Rashid Khan (Dermatologist and Cosmetologist)
About Dr Mudasir Rashid Khan-
A dermatologist and cosmetologist who is practicing in New Delhi both in GK1, Jasola, and Jamia Nagar. She has more than 20 years of experience which is both international as well .she balances art with science to give best results to her clients. In her hand you can be assured of the best results at the most reasonable costs.
Aging & Pigmentation of skin and its Prevention
Aging of the skin is a natural process that affects all individuals with increasing age. It manifests itself in the form of skin wrinkling, sagging, discoloration and other visible effects. Such changes become more apparent as soon as one reaches late thirties or early forties but early onsets are now very common too, which can be caused by a number of factors.
Damage due to sun exposure is the primary cause of skin aging. It especially affects those who have lighter or fairer skin as the low melanin content in their skin makes it more prone to damage and aging.
Although skin aging cannot be entirely stopped or reversed, the process can be slowed down to prevent its early onset.
There are many ways of doing so through some simple lifestyle modifications such as the following:
1. Avoid sun exposure and wear sunscreen –This is the most basic way of reducing the rate of skin aging and slowing down the process. While going out in the day cannot always be avoided, it is important to keep the skin covered with clothing, hats, and sunglasses. Applying sunscreen provides protection from the harmful rays of the sun (known as UVA and UVB). Making a habit of constantly applying sunscreen on all exposed parts of skin plays an important role in preventing skin aging. It is also necessary to use the right products, which should have an SPF rating or 30 or more.
3. Eat healthy-Having a nutritious balanced diet can make a tremendous positive impact on your skin. Consumption of food items that are rich in vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients is essential. It is also important to drink lots of water and fluids to stay hydrated. Junk food and sugary drinks should be avoided as it negatively affects skin health.
4. Exercise regularly- Keeping fit through regular workouts and exercise improves the circulation of blood in the body and consequently, the supply of blood and oxygen to the skin. This keeps the skin healthy and young and prevents the early onset of wrinkling and aging.
Then there are many ways of preventing aging and having glowing skin even in thirties and forties and even fifties
Besides these life style changes to keep our skin young and wrinkle free there are certain procedures we can get done the first among them is …..
5.Chemical peels –Chemical peels can improve the skin‘s appearance. In this treatment, a chemical solution is applied to the skin, which makes it “blister” and eventually peel off. The new skin is usually smoother and less wrinkled than the old skin.
The chemical peels can be done on face hands and neck. They can be done to
- Reduce fine lines under the eyes and around the mouth
- Treat wrinkles caused by sun damage and aging
- Improve the appearance of mild scars
- Treat certain types of acne
- Reduce age spots, freckles, and dark patches (melasma) due to pregnancy or taking birth control pills
- Improve the look and feel of skin
Areas of sun damage may improve after chemical peeling.
After a chemical peel, skin is temporarily more sensitive to the sun, so wear sunscreen every day. It should say “broad-spectrum” on the label, meaning it protects against the sun’s UVA and UVB rays. Also, it should be a physical sunscreen and be above SPF 30. Limit your time in the sun, especially between the hours of 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
How Chemical Peels Are Done
You can get a chemical peel in a doctor’s office It’s an outpatient procedure, meaning there’s no overnight stay.
The professional who does your peel will first clean your skin thoroughly. Then he or she will apply one or more chemical solutions — such as glycolic acid, trichloroacetic acid, salicylic acid, lactic acid, or carbolic acid (phenol) – tdepending upon the area and reason she is giving you a chemical peel. That creates a controlled wound, letting new skin take its place.
What to expect in chemical peeling ?
During a chemical peel, most people feel a burning sensation that lasts about five to ten minutes, followed by a stinging sensation. Putting cool compresses on the skin may ease that stinging. You may need pain medication during or after a deeper peel.
How much does it cost ?
Chemical peels are not expensive, they give very good results in very short period of time and they cost just as much as you give for your regular facials . They are faster and more result oriented than facials at nearly the same cost.
Usually, dermatologists recommend a series of peels for best results. Some of her Before and After Work Images.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions.
Also follow her on Social Media for more updates from Dr Mudasir Khan. a
I hope you liked this blog about Chemical Peeling By our Expert Dr Mudasir Khan be updated for our upcoming series by expert themselves and you can send me your query as well.
Till then Keep It Chic, Keep It Stylish.