Increase Your Chance of getting noticed, with correct styling as per your body shape!!!
OVAL BODY SHAPE-You may have rounded shoulders and full tummy your legs are often your best asset you most likely are an oval body shape.
- Formal Jackets look great for this body type as it has added shoulders pads which make the narrow shoulders more defined and structured.
- Choose accessories like a statement necklace to keep the eye above the bust line.
- Avoid tucking in tops or adding any waist details as it will draw attention to the waist.
- Softer fabric like cashmere, or georgette that drapes without clinging your body will work best for your body type.
- Off-shoulder dresses tops with an empire waistline give an illusion for a wider shoulder and small waist.
TRIANGLE BODY-Your hips are larger than your bust or shoulder area but you have a well-defined waist you have a triangle body shape commonly referred to as a pear shape.
- Make sure that the length of your tops and jackets end on just below the widest point of your hip
- Use brighter or lighter colours for the upper half and keep trousers and skirts in dark colours
- Details such as structured collars, embellishment or even decorating your neck and ears with jewellery will draw attention above the waist.
- Avoid structure prints, bright colours and details below the waist
- Layering on your top half will help create visual interest and draw attention to it.
- Feel free to wear patterns and both colours on your top half only this will make your thighs seem narrower
INVERTED TRIANGLE/ APPLE BODY TYPE-Your shoulders appear larger than your hip area you often have little definition between your waist and your hips and your bottom may be fairly flat your silhouette is an inverted triangle.
- Simple more constructed shapes will work best on your bottom half, like straight cut pants or an A-line skirt
- Use darker colours above the waist and lighter bottom,
- Avoid using shoulder pads even in tailored jackets as it will make your shoulder look broader
- For Indian wear, Patiala salwar paired with short Kurtis will look great on you
HOURGLASS BODY TYPE- If your hips and shoulders are of the same or similar width & waistline is relatively smaller you are an hourglass!
- Always emphasise your waist area allow clothing to follow your body’s curves rather than hiding them
- Avoid stiff straight cut dresses
- Pencil skirts or dresses that enhance your waist area will look great on you
- Keeping your hair too long that falls around the bust area may make you look too heavy in your upper body.
FIGURE 8 BODY TYPE- If your shoulders and hips are fairly proportionate you have a rounded tummy and you put on weight proportionately you have a figure 8 body shape. The figure 8 is actually the most common body shape for Indian women.
- Opt for skirts and dresses that fall smoothly over the hips and go straight down
- For pants make sure to opt for straight or bootleg not wide and flared
- Avoid heavy stiff or body-hugging fabrics like polyester and synthetic.
- Avoid tucking in tops at all cost as the focus straight away goes to waist and tummy area
- For Indian wear, instead of sarees opt for flowy palazzos and straight cut kurtas.
- Colour blocking works great for a figure of 8 choose two to three starkly different colours like pink and orange or even black and white.
I hope you like reading this blog and you will come back again for new article based on Fashion, Travel, Beauty and Reveiws
Keep It chic, Keep It Stylish
Love You All